Preparation 5 mins Cooking time 15 mins Makes 6 fritters
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 1 shallot/green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon rice bran oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine carrot, zucchini, cheese, green onion and flour in a bowl. Add milk and egg, season with salt and pepper then mix well.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan to medium high. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to add mixture to pan. Spread out and flatten a little.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes each side until brown.
The fritters will stick if you don’t use oil in the pan. Alternative to using oil is to place baking paper on base of frying pan to stop the fritters sticking.
Serve cooked fritters with an egg or avocado for breakfast, with steak and a little tomato chutney for dinner or chill them and pop into the kids lunch boxes.