Preparation 5mins Cooking time 10mins Standing time 20mins
1 zucchini, sliced thinly lengthways
1 red or yellow capsicum, seeds removed, sliced lengthways
1 red/spanish onion, cut into wedges
10 snow peas
1 x punnet of cherry tomatoes, left whole
1 tablespoon olive oil (or enough to coat the veges)
1 clove of garlic, crushed or finely grated
1 lemon, juice only
Salt & Pepper to taste
10 or so fresh basil leaves
Serve with: salmon, steak, chicken or keep it vegetarian and serve with cous cous or polenta. You could even use these veges as part of a tapas plate.
Preheat the BBQ or get the grill pan heating up on the stove.
- Prepare the vegetables then place in a bowl and toss through the oil until well coated.
- Heat the BBQ or grill pan and layout the vegetables. Grill for 5mins – don’t cook them all the way through.
- Place the partially cooked veges in a large bowl.
- Quickly add garlic and lemon juice, salt and pepper, and basil leaves. Toss through the veges.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap/plastic wrap to retain the heat.
- Keep covered for 15-20mins.
- Serve with your favourite meat or as part of a tapas plate.