Prep 10mins Cooking 45mins Serves 4
- 2 tabs olive oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tps ground cumin
- 2 tps ground coriander
- 700g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3cm pieces
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup vegetable stock
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 zucchini, thickly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and sliced lengthways
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tabs lemon juice
- 1 bunch roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cups couscous
- 2 cups boiling water
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion for 3 minutes until tender. Add chicken and cook until browned. Stir in garlic, cumin and coriander and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add sweet potato. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, stock, cold water and cinnamon stick. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in zucchini, capsicum and chickpeas. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes until vegetables are tender. Stir in lemon juice and parsley.
- Place couscous into a heatproof bowl. Pour over boiling water. Cover and stand for 3 minutes. Stir with a fork to separate grains. Season with salt if desired. Serve with Moroccan vegetables.