Makes 1 Loaf
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 green apple, peeled, cored and diced
- ½ cup sultanas
- ½ cup dried apricots, chopped
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup of apple juice
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup raw sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Place carrot, apple, sultanas and apricots in a medium saucepan. Add water, juices, sugar and cinnamon.
- Bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Fold sifted flours and bicarb through fruit mixture. Add bananas. Spoon mixture into a greased loaf tin 10 x 20cm.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180C) for 50 to 60 minutes or until cooked when checked with a skewer.
- Turn onto wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.