Serves 4-6. Takes 2 1/2 – 3 hrs.
- 2 tabs soya beans (soaked overnight)
- 500g shin beef
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion, chopped
- thick slice pumpkin
- 2 tabs rice
- 4 tabs barley
- salt to taste
- Parisian essence
Also, add any of the following you have in the fridge: parsnip, turnip, cauliflower, potato, broccoli, celery (including leaves), red beans, lentils.
- Cut meat in to pieces.
- Put vegetables in whole.
- Add grains and chopped onion.
- Fill saucepan with water (and/or vegetable stock) and salt.
- Bring to boil slowly and cook until meat is tender.
- Mash cooked veges. Add essence (optional).
- Return to saucepan and stir through with meat.