- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 teas ground allspice
- 5 cups sweet potato roughly diced and peeled
- 1 litre chicken stock
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup of plain fat-free yoghurt
- Saute onion for 2 mins in a spray of oil.
- Stir in curry and allspice. Cook for one minute.
- Add sweet potato and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add stock and salt. Simmer for 25 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Place half of sweet potato mixture in a blender, process until smooth.
- Repeat procedure with other half.
- Return pureed mixture to pan and bring to the boil.
- Remove from heat. Stir in yoghurt until blended.
P.S. You can freeze this soup if you do not add the yoghurt.