- 1 cauliflower, separated into florets
- 3-4 cooked potatoes, roughly mashed
- 3 tbls cream or sour cream
- freshly grated nutmeg (or just use the bottle stuff)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 3 tbls parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Preheat over to 180C. Cook cauliflower in lightly salted water for 5 minutes. Drain very well. Process for 30 seconds or chop by hand. Mix cauliflower with potato, add cream and seasonings. Use half the oil to grease an ovenproof pie plate or gratin dish. Press cauliflower mixture into dish, then drizzle with remaining oil and sprinkle with parmesan. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown. Serve with a juicy braise or stew.