- 2 x 125g packets camembert cheese , chilled
- ½ cup plain flour
- 2 egg whites, whisked until frothy
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 60g butter
- 2 pears, cored and cut into 8 pieces
- oil for shallow frying
- 8 slices prosciutto
- baby spinach leaves
- Slice camembert into 1cm thick slices. Dust each piece in flour, shaking off the excess. Dip into egg white and coat in sesame seeds. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat syrup and butter in a frying pan and sauté pears for 3 minutes or until softened. Set aside, keep warm. Reserve the liquid.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Shallow-fry camembert until golden on both sides. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Layer camembert, pears, prosciutto and leaves on serving plates. Drizzle with pear cooking liquid. Serve immediately.