- 600g pumpkin, chopped coarsely
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium red capsicum (200g), chopped coarsely
- 6 green onions, cut into 5cm pieces, (or 1 leek, sliced finely)
- 4 bacon rashers (280g), rind removed, chopped coarsely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 cup cream
- 100g fetta cheese, crumbled
Preheat oven to hot (usually this is about 200-220degreesC)
- Place oil in a large baking dish and add pumpkin. Bake uncovered in hot oven for 15mins.
- Add capsicum, onions/leek, bacon and garlic to baking dish and bake uncovered for about 15mins or until the pumpkin and bacon are browned to your liking.
- Remove baking dish from oven and reduce temperature to moderate (ususally this is about 180degreesC).
- Grease a deep 19cm square cake pan; sprinkle base and sides with half of the parmesan.
- Blend cornflour with cream. Whisk eggs in medium bowl, add remaining parmesan and blended cornflour and cream.
- Spoon pumpkin mixture into the prepared square pan. Pour egg mixture over pumpkin mixture and sprinkle with fetta.
- Bake uncovered in moderate oven for about 45mins or until the frittata sets. Stand for 10mins then turn out.
To serve: cut into quarters and serve with a salad or roast pot