- 1 tab veg oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
2 cm green ginger, grated/finely chopped
- 1kg pumpkin, chopped with seeds and skin removed
- 2 litres vegetable stock
- salt & pepper to taste
sour cream & parsley for garnish
- In saucepan heat oil.
- Fry onion until golden brown, add garlic and ginger then fry till soft.
- Add pumpkin and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add stock. Simmer for 20-30 minutes until pumpkin is soft.
- Place half of mixture in a blender, process until smooth.
- Repeat procedure with other half.
- Return pureed mixture to pan and bring to boil.
- Remove from heat. Serve with sour cream, parsley and freshly cracked pepper to taste.
P.S. You can freeze this soup if you don’t add the sour cream.