Serves 4-6 Slow cooker: High 3-4hrs or Low 6-8hrs
- 1.5kg meat (can be gravy beef, chicken thighs, cheap lamb cuts – shoulder, shank), chopped into chunks
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
- Pataks Korma Curry Paste in the jar (we use about 1/3 of the jar but it really is to your taste)
- Any vegies you have – potatoes, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, beans etc; chopped into chunks same size as the meat pieces
- 500ml -1 litre water
- Brown the meat, in batches, and onion and garlic in a frypan first – takes about 5-10mins.
- Put the paste in and fry off for a couple of minutes.
- Transfer it all to the slow cooker and add enough water to just cover the meat and vegies.
- Cook on high for 3-4hrs or low for 6-8hrs.
- To thicken up the sauce take the lid off the slow cooker and put it on high for about 30-45mins.
- Add a dollop or two of cream just before serving – a bit naughty but very yummy.