In the top right hand corner of this picture you can see the change in colour of the muesli from natural to toasted.
500g Muesli (natural with dried fruit) (approx. 4 cups)
Handful of almonds (approx. 70g)
Handful of cashews (approx. 70g)
Handful of pepitas (approx. 70g)
Handful of sunflower kernels (approx. 70g)
2 tablespoons chia
2-3 tablespoons of Rice Malt Syrup (depends how sweet you want it to be)
- Pre-heat your oven to 170C. Line two biscuit baking trays with baking paper.
- Put all ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Spread the mix out evenly on the trays.
- Pop the trays into the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the tray and toss the muesli around to expose the untoasted portions.
- Return the tray to the oven for a further 5 – 7 minutes depending on how toasted you like it. Keep an eye on it at this stage so it doesn’t burn.
- Once the muesli has reached the toastiness you prefer, let it cool completely on the tray before transferring it into an air tight container.
Serve with milk or your favourite yoghurt.